The whole lesson is great — but do not miss the last half hour when Paige talks about why we don’t want to study the Bible! I’ll finish next Tuesday and let you chat and pray for one another until I post again on Sunday, October 29th.
Wednesday: Why Should Studying the Bible Be So Important?
Listen for about the first twenty-two minutes until she asks: “What Brings Jesus’ sharpest confrontation?”
1. In her opening, she quoted Psalm 119, Isaiah 55, Hebrews 4, and 2 Timothy. What are a few reasons Scripture says Scripture is important? (See if you can find at least 3!)
2. What are some ways God’s work is unique?
3. How can you see that the Bible was important to Jesus in:
- The account of Him at 12?
- The account of Him being tempted by Satan in the wilderness?
- In His teaching (Sermon on the Mount) (In this section — what was her point about how she once reacted to wedding registries and how she reacted after getting engaged?)
- In His dying
- In fulfilling Old Testament prophecies