THE VAST ETERNAL PLAN CAN BE GLIMPSED
IN THE GENEALOGY OF JESUS CHRIST
FOURTEEN GENERATIONS FROM ABRAHAM TO DAVID
FOURTEEN GENERATIONS FROM DAVID TO THE DEPORTATION TO BABYLON
FOURTEEN GENERATIONS FROM THE DEPORTATION TO BABYLON TO THE CHRIST
THE SEVENTH SEVEN
THE NUMBER OF PERFECTION
LIKE THE ORDER IN THE NIGHT SKY
THIS FILLS ME WITH WONDER
IF YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE A CLEAR NIGHT THIS CHRISTMAS EVE
GO OUT, LOOK UP, AND PONDER THE AWESOME DESIGN OF YOUR GOD
LAST WEEK WE HEARD CHRIS SHARE HOW GOD HAD
DEEPENED HER FAITH AFTER THE DEATH OF HER SON, SAYING:
Before this happened, my level of understanding
was enough for what I needed in this life.
WHEN SUFFERING COMES, WE NEED TO PEER
AT THE NIGHT SKY
AT THE BOOK OF JOB
AT THE VAST ETERNAL PLAN
AT THE ONE WHO LEFT HEAVEN TO COME FOR US
THE ONE WHO WAS THE SEVENTH SEVEN
OTHERS IN THE GENEALOGY FORESHADOWED HIM
BUT WERE SINFUL MEN AND WOMEN
JESUS WAS PERFECTION
THE EXACT REPRESENTATION OF THE FATHER
THE SINLESS ONE
THE LIGHT SHINING IN THE DARKNESS
AND HE CAME FOR YOU AND ME
I promise brevity this week, hoping you will stay with us each day, seeking His face.
SUNDAY/MONDAY (Christmas Eve!)
1. What stands out to you from the above and why?
2. People will often ask, “Are you ready for Christmas?” And I usually reply, if I can, truthfully,
“In my heart!”
Are you ready “in your heart?” Consider:
- Have you been reflecting on the meaning of Christmas? If so, share one pondering here.
- Are you ready to greet family and friends with grace and love? How might you be ready to do so?
- Can you let go of what you didn’t get done? Of any unforgiving spirit? Can you be a vessel of love and grace?
TUESDAY, CHRISTMAS DAY!
MARY, DID YOU KNOW?
I’ve often wondered, as Mary made the long hard 70 mile journey to the home of Elizabeth, did she wonder if she might be having delusions of grandeur? Did she think: Did Gabriel really appear for that instant? Or did I imagine it? Could I, a peasant girl, truly be chosen to be the Mother of God? Mary — did you know? (This video is wonderful.)
4. What stood out to you from the above video and why?
5. For what are you thankful this Christmas day?
Luci Shaw says that protestants so fear worshipping Mary they have abandoned her to an evangelical limbo. But truly, it is important to look at her life.
6. Find a pattern in Mary by looking up these verses.
A. Luke 1:29
B. Luke 2:19
C. Luke 2:51
7. What pattern do you see?
8. I want you to reflect on your Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
A. Was there a way God came to you?
B. Mary had to trust God with hard things — with what hard thing will you trust Him?
Thursday: Midday Connection
I’m on Midday Connection today, doing the fourth chapter in Idol Lies: A Shocking Metaphor
To prepare your hearts, I’d love for you to read this past blog post and comment on it.
On a personal note, Ann happened on this post and wrote me. Right after she wrote me, I happened to be discussing this on Midday. And then she did a post recommending Idol Lies, among other good books. It was interesting that what she wrote about Idol Lies had to do with this shocking metaphor.
Here is her post — it has great suggestions for reading other than Idol Lies!
And here is the link to Midday where we discuss this “Shocking Metaphor”
You can listen live at noon central, or after the fact online.
9. If you were able to listen, comment.
Friday: Free Keller sermon: Christmas Message: Link
10. What comments do you have on Keller’s message and why?
11. What is your take-a-way and why?